Modern immigrants are facing different challenges than the original Europeans that landed on Plymouth Rock in 1620. The originals were seeking more freedom and new world immigrants are running away from too much freedom. What ever the reason, modern age immigrants need to acquire second citizenship before permanently embarking. Fortunately, there are many options available today that suit different needs.
One option for new world immigrants is the Commonwealth of Dominica. This tropical island paradise is located in the Windward Islands of the Lesser Antilles archipelago in the Caribbean Sea. Similar to many of its island neighbors, Dominica citizenship advantages and requirements present very compelling options.
Dominica Citizenship Advantages
- Visa free travel in 135 countries including Schengen area, Singapore, Hong Kong and the United Kingdom.
- It is not necessary to reside in Dominica before or after obtaining citizenship.
- No capital gains or foreign income tax .
- You will have the right to live AND work in Dominica.
- Dominica is a tropical paradise with amazingly unique flora and fauna.
The Best Value Option
The Commonwealth of Dominica citizenship by investment program offers both a real estate investment option and also a Government Fund Contribution Option. The Government Fund Investment involves a preset one time investment amount which will be used for community development on the island. The amount will depend on the number of applicants e.g. spouse and/or dependents of the main applicant.
The real estate investment alternative will require the purchase of government approved real estate. The lucky applicant will get to live in luxury on what is essentially a resort. This is very similar to other Caribbean Island citizenship programs.
Important factors that sets the Dominica citizenship advantages apart is that it is the most stable and also one of the lowest priced Caribbean programs. Indeed, Caribbean competitors have a higher minimum entry price or residency requirements to contend with.
Indeed, if you don’t plan to live in the Caribbean then Dominica citizenship can provide everything you need at a much lower cost!
- Complete criminal background checks e.g. FBI and local criminal history or foreign equivalent
- Personal and Professional references with minimum 3-5 year history
- Family history
- 10 year residential history including current residence verification
- 10 year employment history
- Applicants complete legal history e.g. contractual, probate resolved by the courts must be fully disclosed including case numbers, judgements and dates
- Complete health exam including HIV, blood and drug tests
- Personal reasons for desiring second citizenship
- Oath of Allegiance to the Commonwealth of Dominica
- CBIU Verification of Investment Funds
All of the application forms and documentation must be in order and properly submitted to the CBIU. Additionally, the bulk amount of the investment is not due until final approval is received from the CBIU However, applicants should be prepared to pay professional, processing and background analysis fees in advance.
Additional Dominica Citizenship Benefits
The Caribbean Islands have some of the greatest fishing opportunities in the world. However, you don’t even need a boat. Of course there is the option of hiring charters to go fishing offshore, although the best fishing is often available right off the shoreline. Jacks, Tarpon and Barracuda are some of the many tropical fish species that can be caught by local fisherman.
Additionally, Dominica is the only habitat on earth where the Sisserou Parrot still exists. This endangered species is an echo of the now extinct Dodo bird that used to live on the other side of the world on Mauritius.
The Commonwealth of Dominica has a mountainous topography and boasts geothermal phenomenon such as the world’s second largest hot spring called the “Boiling Lake”. Last but not least – don’t forget to go to the beach!